Sash windows: an introduction.

Well, at the most basic level,  they are windows that have movable glazed panels. The panels are called sashes and there are normally 2 sashes per window. There is a top sash (which is normally in front) and a bottom sash (which is normally behind) Most commonly,  the sashes slide vertically, and both can be opened at the same time to create an airflow.  There are sash  windows that open horizontally which are known as Yorkshire sash windows (we haven’t actually ran across any down in Gloucestershire yet. If you have some that need a service, please get in touch here.

Read More